A Greek technique (for me anyway) of roasting/poaching(?) the potatoes, they come out beautifully! If there are any liquids left in the pan reduce them down and drizzle over the finished dish.
If you’re interested in mixing it up with some Brussels Sprouts see bottom of the page.
2 lbs waxy skin potatoes (like Yukon Gold) cut in bite-size pieces
1/2 C SOOC Eureka Lemon Olive Oil
4 cloves fresh garlic, minced
3 T SOOC Oregano White Balsamic
½ a lemon, juiced
1/2 C chicken/vegetable stock or water
1 t sea salt
fresh ground pepper to taste
Preheat the oven to 400 F.
Whisk the marinade ingredients except the stock/water & lemon juice in a large bowl. Toss the potatoes with the marinade and arrange in a single layer in a large baking pan with sides. Add stock/water & lemon juice to the bottom of the pan with the potatoes. Cook for 40 minutes until the stock/water is evaporated and the potatoes are crusty-golden brown. Adjust seasoning as necessary and serve.
Brussels Sprouts Version
- Replace 1 pound of potatoes with an equal weight of Brussels Sprouts, bottoms trimmed and halved.
- Mix the potatoes well in the marinade and then remove with a slotted spoon and evenly spread in your pan and add broth/water/lemon juice mix.
- Start baking the potatoes on a 40-minute timing.
- (optional step) Place 2 Tbsp of SOOC Eureka Lemon Olive Oil in a frying pan and raise to high heat. Place all the Brussels Sprouts & loose leaves in and fast fry to produce a bit of browning. It just takes a couple of minutes.
- Add Brussels Sprouts to the remaining marinade and mix. At 20 minutes remove the pan from oven add the Brussels Sprouts and all remaining marinade, redistribute and cook for the rest of the 40 minutes. Serve.